CALL FOR ABSTRACTS|
Workshop on NLP for Reading and Writing - resources, algorithms and
hosted at the SLTC conference, Stockholm 20-21 November 2008.
Deadline for submission of abstracts for this workshop is October
Topics of interest for the workshop:
- NLP-techniques for linguistic aids and document handling such as
spelling and grammar checking, document structuring, thematic
segmentation, and information retrieval for the writer.
- The role of NLP-tools for new communication channels such as web
chat, blogs, e-mail, SMS.
- Theories and methods that give better understanding for how
language tools can be integrated in the use of language.
- Support for multilingualism, minority languages and reading and
- Keystroke logging (e.g. ScriptLog, InputLog, JEdit, Trace-it) as
a tool for understanding writing, text processing and language
- Speech technology for the purpose of dictation and text flow
- Studies that investigate the usage of language tools.
- Interaction design of writing and reading environments.
Sylvana Sofkova Hashemi (sylvana at ling.gu.se), Department of
Linguistics, University of Gothenburg
Ola Knutsson (knutsson at csc.kth.se), School of Computer Science
and Communication, KTH
Rickard Domeij (rickard.domeij at sprakradet.se), Language Council
of Sweden, Institute of Language and Folklore
Johansson Kokkinakis (sofie at svenska.gu.se), Institute for Swedish as
a Second Language, Språkbanken, Department of Swedish, Gothenburg