[Fwd: syntax-semantics workshop with kyle johnson at ID]

to the nordic calendar

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: syntax-semantics workshop with kyle johnson at ID
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 10:46:06 +0200 (CEST)
From: Daniel Hardt <dh at id dot cbs dot dk>
To: vip-spfak at cbs dot dk, henning at ruc dot dk, cstalle at cst dot dk

Kyle Johnson from Umass Amherst will be visiting ID (the Dept of
Computational Linguistics) on June 16 and 17.  We will hold a
syntax-semantics workshop on friday the 17th.  Here's the plan for the
workshop:

http://www.id.cbs.dk/~dh/speakerseries/kyle.html

Kyle Johnson has been an important figure in theoretical linguistics
for many years.  His main contributions have been in generative syntax
and the interface with semantics.  He's a wonderful speaker and great
to talk with about virtually any topic in linguistics.  The workshop
will also include Sten Vikner, who has previously collaborated with
Kyle, and Ken Ramshøj Christensen, who has just completed a very
interesting Ph.D. combining neurolinguistics and syntactic theory.  I
hope you can plan to attend.  Kyle will also be available for meetings
on June 16th.  Please let me know if you'd like to meet with him.

best regards

dan

PS. Please forward this mail to anyone who might be
interested. Thanks!

Daniel Hardt                            Phone:        +45 38 15 31 26
Dept. of Computational Linguistics      Fax:          +45 38 15 38 20
Copenhagen Business School              email:           dh at id dot cbs dot dk
Denmark                                 web:        www.id.cbs.dk/~dh

--
Lise Damsgaard Jørgensen
Center for Sprogteknologi