BioCreative evaluation of Text Mining systems--Going to start soon!

#####  BioCreative is going to start soon  #######

Dear all,

We have finished the preparations for (a part of) the BioCreative
evaluation  of Text Mining systems and are now able to release
the initial training data for task 2. For further information please
go to  http://www.pdg.cnb.uam.es/BioLINK/BioCreative.eval.html.

Please contact us at BioCreative at gredos dot cnb dot uam dot es if you have any
problems downloading the data, comments to the instructions or any
other suggestions.

There will be a general discussion list where all the participants (or
people just interested in what is going on) can sign up. We let you
know  when it is ready to use.

Keep in mind that the spirit of what we are going to do is to have an
evaluation and assessment of existing systems to LEARN about the
advantages and disadvantages of the methods that are used. To initiate
a fierce competition is NOT our goal.

With best regards,
Christian Blaschke

--
Christian Blaschke
Protein Design Group

Tlf.:  ++34-91-585-4921
FAX:   ++34-91-585-4506
email: blaschke at cnb dot uam dot es

This message has been sent by the mailing list of the Special Interest
Group (SIG) on Text Mining (or BioLINK: Biological Literature,
INformation, Knowledge).

For further information please visit our web-page:
http://www.pdg.cnb.uam.es/BioLink/
For un-subscription please contact BioLink-owner at listas dot cnb dot uam dot es or
just send an email to majordomo at listas dot cnb dot uam dot es with body:
unsubscribe BioLink

An archive of past messages can be found at:
http://listas.cnb.uam.es/biolink