Call for Contributions for a Special Issue of MT Journal
Machine Translation Journal
Special Issue on:
Machine Translation for Arabic
During the last decade, much research has been conducted in Machine Translation
where the Arabic language was the focus. Building on the success of these efforts,
the Machine Translation Journal is issuing a call for contributions for a special
issue on the topic of Machine Translation between Arabic and other languages.
The special issue will primarily focus on challenges and solutions for translation
to and from Arabic. We encourage research groups that are engaged in defining the
current state of Arabic Machine Translation and the groups engaged in the various
large scale evaluations involving Arabic Machine Translation to submit extended
papers that describe their innovative contribution to the filed. This special
issue will provide a forum for this vital research to be published and archived,
so that it is accessible to the broad Machine Translation and Computational
- Contributors must send a "Submission Intent" email message to
habash at ccls dot columbia dot edu no later than May 1, 2010.
- Contributions will be accepted starting May 1, 2010 through June 15, 2010.
- Authors should follow the "Instructions for Authors" available on the MT Journal website at:
- Submissions must be limited to 12 pages of content, with an additional page for references.
- Authors should explicitly identify the special issue in the title of their submission.
- May 1, 2010: Submission Intent email due
- June 15, 2010: Full paper contributions due
- July 31, 2010: Reviews completed
- August 15, 2010: Acceptance notifications sent out
- October 15, 2010: Final versions of papers due
- December 2010: Special Issue is published
Special Issue Guest Co-Editors:
- Nizar Habash (Columbia University)
- Hany Hassan (Microsoft Research)
- Please send inquiries to habash at ccls dot columbia dot edu.