14th Annual Conference of the European Association for Machine Translation
The European Association for Machine Translation is pleased to announce that the registration for the 14th Annual Conference of the European Association for Machine Translation to be held in Saint-Raphaël, France, May 27-28 2010 - www.eamt2010.org is now open.
Register before the 15th of April and take advantage of the cheap early bird registration fee. We also encourage you to book a hotel room as early as possible to have your accommodation guaranteed.
The program committee has got a large pool of interesting submissions on all aspects of machine translation. The reviewing process is now under way and a final program will be circulated shortly.
EAMT invites everyone interested in machine translation to participate in this conference which will bring together scientists, developers and users of machine translation and other tools for multilingual processing. Cutting-edge research and demonstrations from leading academic, business and government organizations will showcase the latest results. During the conference there will be numerous sessions including an engaging variety of oral and poster presentations of research papers, reports on users' experiences, and discussions of policy issues, invited talks and panel discussions.
Together with researchers and developers we especially invite users to update their experiences, to learn more about what is happening in the market, including internet, to discover new capabilities, and future visionaries.
The over-all theme for this conference will be
Machine Translation - a useful tool to enhance communication or an overrated gimmick
There will be two categories of papers:
· (R) Research papers including reports of significant research results in many aspects of machine translation and related areas.
· (U)User studies: Submissions are invited for reports on users' experiences with using MT.
The wide-ranging activities at the conference will allow participants from research, business and government to get together to explore how to use machine translation technology to conquer language barriers and overcome the digital divide.
Visit the conference web pages (www.eamt2010.org) for the most up-to-date information about conference programme, related conference activities, the venue, travel and registration.
* Conference Chair & EAMT President: Andy Way, DCU, Dublin, Ireland
* Local Organizers: Viggo Hansen & Svetlana Sheremetyeva, Saint-Raphaël, France (conference at eamt2010 dot org)
* Research Program Chair: François Yvon, LIMSI-CNRS and Université Paris-Sud, Orsay, France
* User Program Chair: Viggo Hansen, Saint-Raphaël, France