Data Sciences Summer Institute
May 24 –July 2, 2010
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
The Mathematics, Algorithms and Tools for Data Analytics
The 3rd Annual Data Sciences Summer Institute (DSSI) will be held May 24-July 2, 2010 on the campus of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC). This 6-week long program will expose students to the mathematical foundations of Data Sciences, allow them to attend advanced tutorials and seminars on a diverse set of topics in this area given by leading experts in the field, and provide hands-on experience working on research projects on topics such as:
· Machine Learning approaches for Natural Language Understanding and Information Extraction
· Knowledge Discovery in Social and Information Networks
· Information Retrieval and Text Mining
· Computer Vision
· College Junior or Senior Computer Science students (majors or minors) and beginning graduate students.
· Students should show strong academic performance and must have sufficient mathematical and programming experience.
· Applicants must currently be living in the United States as citizens, residents or Visa holders.
· Room, board and stipend will be provided to qualified students.
How to Apply:
Find more information and the online application form (deadline March 31, 2010) for the Data Sciences Summer Institute at: http://mias.illinois.edu/DSSI.
This program is funded by the Department of Homeland Security’s Center of Excellence—Command, Control, and Interoperability Center for Advanced Data Analysis (CCICADA) at UIUC’s Multimodal Information Access & Synthesis (MIAS) Center.