[eu_members at aclweb dot org] Canada: MT Summit XII -- Update and Registration Reminder

Dear Colleagues,

MT Summit XII is just 7 weeks away! The conference website
http://summitxii.amtaweb.org is full of new details about the conference:
- 4 Keynote speakers (2 commercial, one government, one research);
Plenary panel discussion (how are new combinations of technology helping
users?);
- A special plenary session in which our research program chairs explain
the MT research landscape in terms we can all understand!
- Full conference program with "mouse over" blurbs about most presentations
- Preliminary list of Technology Showcase exhibitors available - 22
exhibitors so far with a wide range of solutions you won't see
elsewhere. The Showcase goes beyond technology vendors. Several users
exhibit and demo systems they've commissioned to solve their real-world
problems!
- Special interest Tutorials and Workshops address important topics like
postediting, business cases for MT, patent translation, and dictionaries
in depth, and provide the opportunity to network with experts
- A sometimes irreverent "11 Reasons to come to the MT Summit"

The conference program has an unprecedented number of commercial users
presentations, and stories from the commercial world about MT deployment
experiences, and about how to monitor and manage translation quality.
The government program track is full of new stories and deployments,
notably assessment of translation memory in government environments.

There's no time like the present to register and make your hotel
reservation!  The early registration discount is available through
Wednesday, July 15th.
The conference hotel room block, and the special conference rate of $179
(Canadian) per night, are guaranteed only through July 31st.

Please check back on the website again soon. We've got a lot more
information to add, including recommended "conference roadmaps" to help
you choose the sessions that will meet your conference objectives.

I look forward to seeing you in Ottawa. If you have any questions or
comments about the conference, registration, website, etc. please don't
hesitate to email me: summitxii at amtaweb dot org

Laurie Gerber
IAMT President 2007-2009
MT Summit XII Chair