The 17th Nordic Conference of Computational Linguistics
May 14-16, 2009
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
The 17th Nordic Conference of Computational Linguistics (NODALIDA)
will take place 15-16 May 2009 in Odense, Denmark, with five
workshops immediately preceding the conference on May 14.
The main conference program is now available at the website
The programme consists of 43 papers, and features two invited
- Jean Carletta (University of Edinburgh): "Developing Meeting
Support Technologies: From Data to Demonstration (and Beyond)"
- Ralf Steinberger (EC - Joint Research Centre): "Linking News
Content Across Languages"
The programme also includes a tutorial:
- Graham Wilcock (University of Helsinki): "Text Annotation
with OpenNLP and UIMA"
There are five pre-conference workshops:
- W1: Nordic perspectives on the CLARIN infrastructure of
common language resource
- W2: Multimodal Communication: from Human Behaviour to
- W3: WordNets and other Lexical Semantic Resources
- W4: Extraction and Use of Constructions in NLP
- W5: Constraint Grammar and Robust Parsing
Information about the workshops, including their program, is
available at their respective websites (accessible through the
main conference website).
More information about the conference, about registration and
fees, as well as local information about Odense, travelling,
and accommodation can be found at the website:
We look forward to seeing you at Nodalida 2009 in Odense!
Kristiina Jokinen (Chair), University of Helsinki
Robin Cooper, University of Gothenburg
Anna Korhonen, University of Cambridge
Kaili Müürisep, University of Tartu
Joakim Nivre, Uppsala University
Patrizia Paggio, University of Copenhagen
Koenraad de Smedt, University of Bergen
Roman Yangarber, University of Helsinki
LOCAL ORGANIZATION COMMITTEE
Eckhard Bick (Chair), University of Southern Denmark
Poul Søren Kjærsgaard, University of Southern Denmark
Klaus Robering, University of Southern Denmark
Anette Wulff, University of Southern Denmark